The Chicago Alumnae Chapter has a rich history of providing award-winning programming aligning with Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.’s Five-Point Programmatic Thrust of Economic Development, Educational Development, International Awareness and Involvement, Physical and Mental Health, and Political Awareness and Involvement.
During the last fiscal year, as a result of COVID-19, Delta Sigma Theta Chapters had to shift to a virtual environment to continue providing public service to the community. Chicago Alumnae is proud to have embraced this necessary paradigm shift and provided the following virtual public service and chapter events supporting chapter, regional and national initiatives:
- Social Action: Supporting Our Sisters (SOS) Anjanette Young Car Caravan, Press Release
- Program Planning and Development: Delta Care-A-Van
- Physical and Mental Health: Just Move for St. Jude
- International Awareness and Involvement & Physical and Mental Health: World Aids Day Seminar
- Chaplains Council: Virtual Morning Manna: A Time of Thanksgiving
- Social Action: Get the Facts on The Fair Tax
- Physical and Mental Health: Partnership with Commissioner Dear for a Conversation on Domestic Violence Awareness
- Midwest Impact Day of Service (MIDS): Life Disrupted: A roundtable discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on teenagers
- Social Action: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debate Watch Parties
- Social Action in Partnership with the Chicago and Illinois Board of Elections: When We All Vote, Your Vote, Your Rights
- Collaboration: Social Action, Physical & Mental Health, and Economic Development: Epidemics inside a Pandemic
- Economic Development: Get Your Life and Afterlife Together
For more information on Chicago Alumnae Programs, please, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.